Monday, February 8, 2010

For Jimmy V

In his inspirational speech at the 1993 ESPY awards, a dying Jim Valvano said there are three things you should all do every day:

  • Laugh. You should laugh every day.
  • Think. You should spend some time in thought.
  • Cry. You should have your emotions moved to tears.
Valvano said that "If you laugh, you think, you cry, that's a full day."

This blog is dedicated to Jim Valvano's words. Hopefully, my blog entries will make you laugh a little, think a little, and perhaps raise your emotions. If I can do that for you as well as myself, it will make for a better, fuller day.

2 comments:

  1. Ed, I'm delighted that you've found (or been given by your ex-employer) the time to start a blog. Welcome to the blogosphere!
        I love your straightforward connection to Jimmy Valvano. My own connection derives from the fact that the very year my family and I left California for North Carolina, Valvano's men's basketball team at North Carolina State University (the Wolf Pack) won the NCAA championship. That connection remains despite the fact that I no longer give a fig (as they say) who wins a sports contest. (Who won the Super Bowl? I haven't heard yet. What weekend was it, anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, my friend. Keep it up. Even the "glamour shot" of you to the right is good.
    Next week is Spring Break for our students so Margy and I are leaving on Saturday for a week in Central Florida at the home of our daughter-in-law Sheri's parents. We plan to drive down to the Kys with them for a couple of days also.
    Will be ready for a hike with King and you when I return. My best, Marsh

    ReplyDelete